Since all option contracts give the buyer the right to buy or sell a given stock at a set price (the strike price), when an option is exercised someone has exercised their rights and you may be forced to buy the stock (the stock is put to you) at the PUT option strike price, or you may be forced to sell the stock (the stock is called away from you) at the CALL option strike price
To exercise your option, just follow the steps listed below:
- Select the specific option record you want to exercise .
- Right-click the record, then select Option Adjustment > Option Exercised as the following menu shows:
- An Option Exercised dialog box will pop up:
FunctionDescription 1.Transaction Date
The exercise date of the specific option
If you want to modify the excise date of the option, you can manually enter the date or choose from the dropdown calendar.
2. Account The account name to which the specific option belongs. Choose the specific account name from the account list. If you choose All Accounts, event will apply to all accounts. 3.Security Name The name of the specific option record 4. Number of ContractsThe quantity of the specific option. For example, the number of contract is 5, the shares of the option is 500. 5.Matched Option ID The ID of the specific option record 6.Matched StockIf the option you want to exercise does have the matched stock, you can choose from the dropdown list , if it hasn’t , it will apply to < auto add stock transaction> generated by TradeMax automatically. 7..Notes
The description of the specific option will be displayed automatically
You can leave it blank or enter any important events and brief notes here.
After checking all the information you have entered, press OK button to continue the process or click the CANCEL button to cancel the process.
- After you have pressed the OK button, the following new record will be displayed:The row outlined in red displays the the Exercised Option record.Note: In TradeMatch, 207 and 209 represent the ID of the symbol, 0 means the the share of the matched stock after option exercised.
- You can cancel this action with the Undo Button in the trade tab.