TradeMax offers a simple and clean solution to run report for your tax and analyzing your trading performance purpose.
Before you run a report, you need do the following step:
- Enter Your SSN and Name (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP)
- Add a Report to Account List
- Set WashSale Calculation Rule
- Bulider a Black List to filter information to be displayed in specific report
- You can also filter your data with the Time Range Filter above the data grid before run your report (Optional)
- Click the Main Button on the upper left corner of the Trade window and press the Options Button
- Options dialog box will pop up:
- Enter your name and SSN and your name will appear on your upper left section in the running report
- You can click the checkboxes to:
- Make the Exercised/ Assigned securities’ Buy/Sell price same as the strike price of option.
- Auto-Expire unexercised/ unassigned options at 0 price on expiration date
- Auto scan the trade errors.
- Update your TradeMax software when running TradeMax each time.
- If you want to upback TradeMax data, click to view the directory of the database.
- You can also change the SSN by redoing the above step 1 & step 2
Many investors trade security in other currencies such as EUR, CAD, AUD, JPY, HKD, GBP, CHF, TradeMax now supports running report in your base currency and in USD currency for tax purpose.
The Base Currency is the first currency quoted in a currency pair. The base currency is referred to as the parent currency and exchange rates are quoted in per unit of the base currency. The base currency is the more valuable currency. Therefore in the HKD/USD currency pair, the HKD is more valuable than the dollar, so it is the base currency. The base currency is also known as the accounting currency or domestic currency. TradeMax supports running reports on the following base currencies such as EUR, CAD, AUD, JPY, HKD, GBP, CHF.
The Tax Currency is the default currency USD.
TradeMax provides two options to generate the report:
Option 1 : In order to simplify the process of generating reports, you can click the Report Button (shortcut button) in Trade Panel. the following will tell you how to generate the report by clicking the shortcut button.
- Click the Report Button in Trade Panel.
- The Report Wizard dialog box pops up:
- Select the specific account that you want to generate the reports from dropdown list.
- Select the specific Finance Year that you want to generate the reports from dropdown list
- Select the specific report you want to run from the dropdown list. After you select the specifc report, the specific report icon will be auto-generated under Trade Data diretory.
- Select the currency type from the dropdown list.
- Right-click the Trade Data view in the Account List and select the specific report.
As you see, there are a dozen reports:.
- Cost Basis Transaction Report -This report is for those users who track the cost basis in stocks, bonds and mutual funds to report a cost basis when an investment is sold.
- Daily Account Value – This report provide you with a simple way to track your trade data on daily basis, with the Daily Account Value function, you can easily compare and monitor your trade performance through the generated chart so as to make a better investment strategy and maximize your capital gains.
- Daily Market Value Report – This report is for those users who track the performance and market value of the securities on daily basis in specific finance year. The report will show the portfolio of every transaction on daily basis.
- IRS Schedule D-1 – This report is for those users who require a more exact replica of the IRS form.
- Mark to Market
Detail Report – This report is for those users want to record the price or value of a security, portfolio on a daily basis to calculate gains and losses or to confirm that margin requirement are met.
- Mark to Market For Form 4797 – This report is for traders in stocks, options and single-stock futures who elect mark-to-market accounting to report their trading activity on Form 4797
- Mark to Market Gain/Loss Pie Report – This report is for those users who want to calculate mark to market trading performance for each securities and track the mark to market gains and losses for a fiscal year or date range.
- Realized Gain/Loss Pie Report – This report is for those users who want to calculate trading performance for each securities and track the realized gains and losses for a fiscal year or date range.
- Realized Gain/Loss Report – This report is for those users who require trade transaction detail. Such as Security, Quality, open price, Open date, Open Commission, close price, close commission, sales price, cost basic, Actual gain &lose for each transaction. Moreover, it can be grouped by ID, Symbol, or TradeDate.
- G& L Report – This is the default report created by TradeMax for filing with Taxes.
- SummaryReport – Display or print a trade summary report. This valuable summary or aggregation of an entire ID or Symbol allows a user to see how one Symbol performed versus another
- Transaction Detail Report – A report display all trade detail. This report lists each and every transaction as displayed in the grid. Additionally, the profit or loss can be summed by Trade Number, Ticker, or Date.
- Unrealized Gain/Loss Report – This report is for those users who want to get the information of Gain/Loss when the price of the securities decrease or increase after buying, but he or she has yet to sell it.
- Wash Sale Detail Report – This report allows you to analyze your disallowed wash sale losses that have been deferred to next year
- Section 1256 Report – This report is for those users who want to get the information of Unrealized Gain/Loss amount and 60% long term amount and 40% short term amount auto-calculated by TradeMax as an attachment to Section 1256 contract.
You will see the selected report under the Trade Data view like this:
If you run the report in Base Currency, on the left side of your selected report title will dispaly your base currency. As the pricture showed above, HKD appears on the left side of IRS Schedule D report . If you run the report in Tax Currency (the default currency is USD), as you can see from the aboved picture, USD appears on the left side of the report title.
Unregister edition will pop a register remind dialog box when you run the report:
- You can register your TradeMax by entering the Registration Name and Registration Code and press the Register button
- You can also click Buy Now to buy the Registration Code
- A free trial version can only generate report from a data range 1/1 to 6/30 and can’t export to pdf and excel.