Q:Dose TradeMax Support for Mac?
You should install Windows virtual machine on Mac with Parallels Desktop first.
Then install TradeMax on the Windows virtual machine
How to install Windows virtual machine on Mac using Parallels Desktop?
Step 1: Have your Windows disk or image ready
Do not have Windows to install?
- You may purchase Windows installation files on a CD/DVD disk from most retail stores:
In case you have any issues with installing Windows from CD/DVD disk, please follow the steps in the following Knowledge Base article 4917 “How to create .iso image of Windows installation CD?”.
- You may purchase Windows online from the Microsoft Online Store
Step 2: Creating New Virtual Machine
A Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine is virtual hardware for your Windows or any other operating system you want to install.
1. Launch Parallels Desktop application (in the Applications folder) and select File → New… as shown below:
2. Select a source for installation by clicking on Install Windows from DVD or image file
Note: If you have a Boot Camp partition with Windows on your Mac, you will see additional icon Install from Boot Camp.
Step 3: Select source to install from
You may install Windows either from DVD or .iso disk image. Important notice: Windows installation files with .exe extensions are not supported.
Installing Windows from DVD:
- Insert the Windows installation disk into the Mac’s DVD-ROM drive.
- Select Install Windows from DVD or image file.
- Select the Windows installation disc from the Install from menu
Installing Windows from an image file:
- Select ‘choose an image file” in the drop-down list and provide the path to the image file.
Step 4: Windows product key
Click Continue. In the Windows Product Key window, be sure to leave Express installation selected:
NOTE: If you deselect Express installation, you will need to manually install Parallels Tools after the installation to allow the most seamless operation between Windows and Mac OS X.
It is also recommended that you use the 64-bit version of Windows, but if you want to use the 32-bit version, deselect 64-bit Windows version. When ready, click Continue.
Step 5: Select type of Integration with OS X
Select how you want to use Windows:
- Like a Mac: Windows programs appear on the Mac desktop, just like Mac applications. Documents and media from Mac OS X and Windows are kept together on your Mac.
- Like a PC: The Windows desktop and programs appear in a single window, separate from Mac applications. You can drag and drop objects between Windows and the Mac.
Step 6: Name and Location
Name: You may specify any name for your Virtual Machine.
Location: Default location for Parallels Desktop Virtual Machines is /Users/username/Documents/Parallels but you may change it if you want.
Select Share with other users of this Mac option if you want to share this Virtual Machine with other Mac users.
Optional step: Customize settings before installation
If you want to change default Virtual Machine settings select Customize settings before installation. These settings can be easily changed anytime later.
Final Step: Click Continue
Your Windows installation was just started! It takes some time; once Windows is installed it will start and Parallels Tools installation will be initiated automatically and you will need to restart Windows. Parallels Tools is a set of features for Virtual Machines including networking, printing, screen resolution etc.