How to import Quicken QIF file to TradeMax?
- Use Quicken for Windows to open the data file.
- Select the File menu and select Export > QIF File.
- On the QIF Export window, click Browse.
- Enter the file name Security List.QIF, navigate to where you want to store the file, and click OK. Make a note of the location.
- Complete the remainder of the QIF Export window:
- Click the Quicken Account to Export from drop-down arrow and select.
- In the Include Transactions in Dates fields, leave the default dates.
- In the Include in Export area, select Security Lists.
- Click OK to create the QIF file at the location you selected in step 4.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for Accounts, Categories, and Transactions.
- Name the files Accounts.QIF, Categories.QIF, and Transactions.QIF.
- On the QIF Export window, select the checkbox corresponding to the item in the file name.
- Save all files in the same location.
- Note: Making separate QIF files for each type of account ensures a successful transfer.
- Run TradeMax,Ceate an Account for your broker,and then Select import from local trade activity file
- In profile dropdown list choose “Quicken Interchange Format” and click browse file button choose your qif file.Then click Next to make further settings changes.
TradeMax can also import your trade data from your broker’s ofx server or local qfx or csv files. Please Check Here.