E*trade provides you two methods to download your trade records to your computer:
- Download your trade records with tax documents of an entire year
- Download Transaction History with three month to update your trade data
- Log into your E*TRADE account .
- Click Accounts tab and then select Account Records.
- Select Tax Reports in the Brokerage Account Records section.
- Click the Tax Records tab and then left-click Export your 200X trades into Microsoft Excel.
- Click the Save button in another pop-up File Download dialog box.
- Open your saved file in Excel, and click File then choose Save As.. In its drop-down-list to save the data file as CSV format.
- Your downloaded file must be in this format as shown below.
TradeDateOrder TypeSecurityAmountCusipTransaction DescriptionQuantityExecuted PriceCommissionNet Amount3/8/2009BuyCROX-4272227046109CROCS INC10039KSPT12.991162.99
The data in the above table is E*trade 2009 format, and the following table will display the E*trade 2010 format:Transaction DateTransaction TySecurityTySymbolQuantityAmountQuantityPriceCommissionDescription12/22/09BoughtEQCIM5000-19407.49387997.990CHIMERA INVESTMENT
If you find the downloaded file format is different from the above two formats, you should set your profile in Profile Wizard.
- Run TradeMax , click E*Trade Account in TradeMax to import trade from local file.Note: You should select E*Trade *. csv, *. txt as your profile name during the importing process. As the file data formats vary from year to year, and in the drop-down-list of Profile Name, apart from E*Trade *. csv, *. txt, there is another option, E*Trade 2008 *. csv, *. Txt, for the users to choose, according to their data file in different year. The default is E*Trade *. csv, *. txt.
- Log into your E*TRADE account.
- Click Trading & Portfolios > Transaction History.
- Click the Transactions tab, select your Brokerage account and then click the Search Transactions button
- Enter the specific time range.Attention: You may download up to three months’ worth of data from your account.
- Select .QFX format in the data format field and click Download.
- Choose the Save option.
- Run TradeMax and click E*Trade Account in TradeMax to import trade activity data from local file. Note: You should select Open Financial Exchange *.ofx, *.qfx as your profile name during the importing process