I am unclear how to transfer stocks between accounts. My transaction history that I am importing shows a transfer. There is no equivalent mapping to transfer between accounts, and if I use shares removed, it is treated as though I sold the stocks and the value difference shows up in reports.
Is there a way to do a transfer without it showing up as a transaction on tax forms?
Please do not use “shares removed” function in your case
o How to display your holding positions in a specific date:
- Click [USD]My Holdings under the Account List->FY20XX
- A Position Holding Date box will pop up
- Select your position holding dateLearn more about: How to select a date
- Click OK to display the holding positions
- IN Broker tree view select -> [USD]My Holdings
- Right Click the mouse in menu select export trade as csv file
>how does that remove the shares from the original account?
You can mannual close the transaction at same buy price with negative commission.
for example:open long 100 ABC stock price $5 commission $7, mannual close long 100 ABC stock $5 commission -$7
You will get 0 gain from Abc in A account
>Can you add a baseline when the original acquisition (not the transfer) was during the same tax year as the transfer. The account I am transferring to is not new and had other holdings also.
sure,you can import baseline csv file to existing account FY20XX year view